Friday 6 March 2015

Concept Art

So I've been a little slack posting the things on my blog but gotta get it back and cranking it again.

So I'll start with concept art. I've been working on just doing a lot of different art styles in photoshop. and slowly working on getting my environment concept better.



So This was my first piece of concept art, to be brutally honest it was nothing short of shit. everything from the color gradient and saturation to the shadow is wrong. I felt at this point  I would of been better going back to my roots with a pencil and paper.



I tried it again and found that it became a lot easier the 2nd time around, my color gradient was a lot better. still need a little work but defiantly an improvement. 


After a lecture on concept art. I produced some thumbnails. To get the form and general idea
of organic matter that i wanted to make, starting with trees.

I choose the Alien tree thing. very similar from Mario. I felt it's ok i need to add some surface the plant is on and make it a little better with the gradient again is causing me problems. but i felt the shape and color worked well. 

I started on a different type of art called "Pixel Art" very typical of the 1990's on consoles like the Super Nes, Atari, Sega Mega Drive. All 8/16 bits color games. At a distance looks great but when you blow it up you can see all the pixels. 



I've started working on Environment concept art, I feel this is a good start but once again my gradient is horrid as shit. The iceberg is too white and the gradient on the mountains looks shitty. 



No comments:

Post a Comment