Wednesday 10 June 2015

3d printed a model.

Just a quick update about something a little different today. I sourced a company and just wanted to test the world of 3d Printed models. I think it's something that will really bring my game to life when I go to pitch it to people. So they can physically touch the characters/assets or whatever.

So as a sample tester I got one of the tree's that I produced in Z-brush a while back.

 The difference in 3d Printing is quite apparent once you think about it logically (something I overlooked), The models you produce need to be structurally viable, Be able to support themselves, not be to thin. Also having a base for the printer to start on is something that is essential otherwise the printer just starts with supports and doesn't have anything to support itself.




So here is the tree in all its glory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment